Saturday, July 7, 2012

In France

More than anything right now I wish that I was at home, snoozing until eleven o'clock since it's summer, having sleepovers left and right, and heck, even going to (shudder) summer camp. But I'm stuck in France.


Okay. Rephrase.


I wish I was doing awesome stuff at home, but instead I'm doing awesome stuff in Paris.


I mean, it's fine here. Well, to be precise, way more than fine. We're in Paris! The city of love. (I got that from a TV show). But, it would be much better with my friends, my house, my school, my town(both of those are phisically impossible, but oh well), and pretty much everything else. At least in six days, things will be back to normal.


Even though I can't wait to see the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre and Notre Dame(which means Our Lady. I know because I've been studying French), and all the other tourist attractions. All we've seen so far was l'Arc de Triomph and Musee d'Orsay(I don't care if I spelled it wrong, people. Have mercy!). In l'Arc de Triomph we climbed stairs to the very top and then took pictures, since we could see the Eiffel Tower in the distance. In case anyone was wondering, I was so tired because of all those stairs that I had to sit down twice.


The day before that, we went to the Musee d'Orsay(still don't care if I spelled it wrong, thank you very much!). We went on the fifth floor and saw Claude Monet paintings and other French painters. Afterwards we were running out of time, so we went on the second floor to see the famous Van Gogh self-portrait. Then the museum closed down.


When we went outside there was a huge downpour, so we had to hide under one of the buildings(I think it was part of the Louvre but I'm not sure) until the rain passed. There were so many people hiding from the rain that I almost couldn't believe my eyes. I'm going to sum up how hard it was raining cats and dogs: in the first five seconds you went outside, you got drenched to the underwear.


The good part about it(the ONLY good part)was that it was over soon, so we didn't have to spend the night next to a bunch of sweaty, smelly people who sprinted to get under the nearest building before they got drenched. For the record, no one wasn't soaking wet.


But the large puddles in the streets and on the sidewalks that were gathered up in about ten minutes made it look like there was a flood that lasted for two hours. I actually felt bad for the cars, much less the motercycles and bicycles that usually got stuck in them. I wondered if it was like this every day.


Turns out that it was, at least when we stayed in Paris. Just every day had a different level of "extreme".


I like to say that every day has a good part and a bad part. For example...


The good part about today was that we finally got the souvenirs for me and five of my friends. The good part about yesterday was that we actually arrived home in one piece without Mom biting Dad's head off for not taking a cab in the first place, and the good part about the first day we came here was that (obviously) it was my birthday.


The bad part about today was that we woke up exactly at eleven thirty and almost all breakfast places were closed(and by that I mean all but one). The bad part about yesterday was the downpour(although it was exciting), and for the first day it was that it literally took an hour and a half for the taxi to drive us to the hotel from the airport. No lie! It made us late for dinner!


Anyway, I look forward to the last six days of my vacation(even if it'll come back and bite me in the neck like a diseased vampire). See ya later,


Bianca

2 comments:

Pierre Radulescu said...

well, I'm waiting for the description of the following days in Paris. I am sure you will find its charm: Paris has a very special charm, and it is not easy to discover it. I dream many times at Paris, it is the closest place to my heart.

bianca said...

Good point. Dad's always said that Paris was beautiful at night, and now I believe him. With all the buildings that light up and the Eiffel Tower and all the other tourist attractions, it kind of reminds me of a Christmas tree. All the lights and memories just sort of reach out to you in such a way that you want to stay in that moment next to it all day. I'm glad that I can say that I've been to Paris now.